HP 12508 AC or DC Switch Chassis
Modular Ethernet Switches
The HP 12500 Switch Series is a family of powerful, next-generation routing switches with outstanding capacity and scale for the network core or data center.
Designed for high performance with nonblocking and distributed Clos architecture, these switches deliver up to 24.3 Tbps switching capacity and 10.8 Bpps throughput with up to 400 Gbps per line card slot.
The 12500 switches also have energy - efficiency features that drive down operational expenses and are ideal for organizations contemplating large - scale data center consolidations, business continuity and disaster recovery sites, metropolitan area network deployments, and other applications requiring a robust, reliable and highly available switching platform.
- Broad interface options from 1G to 100G scaling up to 24.3 Tbps switching capacity
- SDN ready with Open Flow 1.3 support
- Large Layer 2 and Layer 3 tables to support large scale deployments
- Fully redundant architecture with hot swappable components
Features & Benefits:
Data Center Optimized
- The HP 12500 Switch Series provides up to 24.3 Tbps switching capacity and 10.8 Bpps throughput with up to 400 Gbps per line card slot.
- Multi-tenant Device Context (MDC) is an innovative Data Center virtualization solution that enables multi-tenancy, giving you the ability to virtualize a physical switch into multiple topical devices, with each logical switch having its own tenants.
- The HP Ethernet Virtual Interconnect (EVI) is an HP Virtual Application Network innovation that provides a Layer 2 extension across the Data Center to simplify the interconnectivity of geographically dispersed Data Centers.
- The Data Center Bridging (DCB) protocols provide support for IEEE 802.1Qaz Data Center Bridging Exchange (DCBX), Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS), and IEEE 802.1Qbb Priority Flow Control (PFC) for converged fabrics.
High-Performance Networking Density and Connectivity
- The HP 12500 Switch Series has high-performance design with non-blocking and distributed Clos architecture.
- This Switch Series offers high-density 1/10/40/100GbE interface connectivity with up to 18 interface module slots to scale to 865 1/10GbE or 288 40GbE or 72 100GbE ports.
- Ultrafast protocol convergence enables link connectivity monitoring and reduces network convergence time for RIP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, VRRP, MPLS, and IRF.
- The IPv6 host enables switches to be managed and deployed at the IPv6 network's edge, while dual-stack configuration transitions from IPv4 to IPv6, supporting connectivity in both protocols.
Enterprise Resiliency and High Availability
- The HP 12500 Switch Series supports redundant fabric for optimum network performance and availability while simplifying network operations.
- These switches offer full hardware redundancy for each component including power supplies, fan trays, supervisor modules, and fabric modules to enable the highest level of availability.
- Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) creates virtual resilient switching fabrics, where two or more switches perform a single L2 switch and L3 router that can be attached using standard LACP for automatic load balancing and high availability.
- Software-defined Networking (SDN) support helps you unleash new levels of automation and efficiency in Data Center networks.
- The OpenFlow 1.3 specifications support SDN by allowing separation of the data (packet forwarding) and control (routing decision) paths.
Higher Levels of Management
- The HP 12500 Switch Series has sFlow which provides scalable, ASIC-based network monitoring and accounting which allows operators to gather a variety of sophisticated network statistics and information for capacity planning and real-time monitoring.
- IEEE 802.1AB LLDP discovery advertises and receives management information from adjacent devices on a network, facilitating easy mapping by network management applications.
- Differentiator: The HP 12508 Switch Chassis is an 18-slot AC or DC-powered modular next-generation switching platform that delivers the scalablity and performance needed in the data center.
- Ports: 8 open module slots, Supports a maximum of 384 Gigabit Ethernet ports or 384 1/10GbE ports or 128 40GbE ports or 32 100GbE ports, or a combination Included
- Memory and processor: PowerPC @ 400 MHz 128 MB RAM
- Throughput: 3840 Mpps
- Routing/switching capacity: 6120 Gb/s
- Stacking capabilities: IRF with four chassis
- Management features: IMC - Intelligent Management Center, Command-line interface, Out-of-band management (serial RS-232c), SNMP manager, Telnet, RMON1, FTP, In-line and out-of-band, Terminal interface (serial RS-232c), Modem interface
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 17.4 x 29.13 x 38.39 in (44.2 x 73.99 x 97.51 cm)
- Weight: 209.44 lb (95 kg)
- What's included: (1) HP 12508 AC or DC Switch Chassis, Warranty: 1 year, advance replacement, 10 calendar day, phone support, software releases
Download the HP FlexFabric 12500 Switch Series Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.